During the brainstorming process of creating your website, it is alway necessary to come up with a design that will be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Often it can be difficult to find a good balance or make your mark in terms of SEO, but with the right marketing team you can make it happen and get your branding out for people to see even faster.
UX: User Experience
Most people are looking for a particular service or product with a set goal in mind, and are simply searching for the quickest and most accessible answer. Users will most likely move to a new webpage after 10 seconds if they are not able to find important information quickly. Here are some tips to help you improve your website’s UX:
- Don’t be afraid of open white space: When setting up a website, you may be uncomfortable with open white space but the reality is, this will help the consumer focus on the information and it will be a less overwhelming experience overall.
- Use number or bullet points: This will help consumers find the important and relevant information much faster.
- Make sure hyperlinks are working: Adding hyperlinks is a great way to boost your SEO but it can also be a downfall if the links you post are taken down and don’t work. This will also frustrate consumers and lower your credibility.
- Pages should load fast: If you are able to catch the attention of a potential client, they will begin to search through your website. Having pages that load fast will encourage them to keep exploring!
- Call to Action the stand out: Did you know that the placement and colors of buttons or links on your page can encourage or discourage someone from clicking farther? It is important to have clear call-to-action that are simple and easy to use, this will help the consumer get the results they are looking more efficiently.
UI: User Interface
The UI refers to how your website appears to the viewer. By that, we mean if the content provided is relevant and helpful, and if the site itself is easy to navigate. When researching web development, it is important to look through other sites and see what is working for other companies. It is also good to keep in mind that while having your own unique flare is a plus, it is more crucial that you are able to reach your targeted audience. Here are a couple guidelines to keep in mind when designing your website that will help you create a great UI:
- Know who your targeted audience is: This is the first step in understanding what direction to go. A little market research can go a long way!
- Highlight what you are trying to show off: By highlighting a font size or color choice, you can direct the consumers glance so they are able to find what they are looking for much faster.
- Simplify all online forms: People are more willing to use and fill out the forms if they are short and concise.
- Use colors and fonts: This will add flare to your page and bring forth attention to the different focal points.
- Make sure your UX and UI coordinate: This will help the website and various pages flow together and ultimately make consumers feel that it is both easy to uses and pleasing to look at.
Understanding the relationship between UX and UI in an important part of building your online presence and establishing your brand. A well established and experienced marketing team will be able to walk you through the process and get your website where it needs to be. This is something that should be a main focus while planning and designing your website, and will have a direct correlation with your businesses success.